We're Hiring Summer Legal Interns!
Summer is right around the corner and we've begun our search for this year's group of highly-motivated law students seeking to work for transgender equal rights. We're seeking four interns this summer. Application information and a description of our internships is included here. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Number of interns sought: Four.
- Location: New York City.
- Qualifications: Because of the focused and challenging nature of the work TLDEF does, we prefer to hire law students who have some experience with transgender issues. A background in or familiarity with issues, legal and otherwise, that are important to transgender people will greatly strengthen an application. Commitment to public interest law also greatly strengthens an application.
- Interns' Responsibilities/Projects: Our summer interns will assist attorneys with research and drafting in ongoing cases, prospective cases, and amicus curiae briefs, in all areas of transgender civil rights; research, draft, and/or edit publications on same issues for general public education.
- Funding: These positions are unpaid; summer interns are strongly encouraged to seek out and apply for grants and/or funding from other sources. We will assist with work study and any forms or applications related to funding sources.
- Application Procedure/Deadline: Students interested in a summer internship should apply now. The applicant pool closes on March 15th, 2009. We strongly encourage you to apply early as the positions may be filled before then. Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and recent writing sample by postal or electronic mail. If using postal mail, please send to:
Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund
Attn: Summer Internships
26 Bowery, Suite 3
New York, New York 10013
Click here to apply by electronic mail.
Transgender people, other members of the LGBT community, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. TLDEF is an equal opportunity employer.