Join Our Advisory Board
The members of the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund Advisory Board are advocates and advisors to the organization in support of its mission. Advisory Board members share their talents and energy by providing TLDEF with their professional expertise; their knowledge of diverse constituent perspectives and their connections to local and national resources, colleagues and peers.
Advisory Board members serve for two-year terms. In addition to individual work and advisement, the Advisory Board meets three times per year with TLDEF staff either in person or by telephone.
Advisory Board Committee members:
- provide ongoing feedback about ways to improve the delivery of services;
- serve as advocates for the organization;
- brainstorm new ideas to better serve the organization’s constituents;
- provide technical assistance with regard to outreach, development, communications, accounting and finance;
- assist with fundraising; and
- will be invited to attend events such as our anniversary benefit and other special gatherings.
The TLDEF Advisory Board is critical for the growth and future of the organization and for equality and dignity for transgender people. We appreciate your willingness to volunteer and share our commitment to transgender rights.