What must my doctor's letter include?
A model letter that you can provide to your doctor is included at the end of this document. The letter must be on letterhead, signed by the doctor, and include the following:
1. Doctor’s full name;
2. Doctor’s medical license or certificate number;
3. Issuing state, country or other jurisdiction of doctor’s medical license/certificate;
4. Doctor’s Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number or comparable foreign registration number, if applicable;
5. Address and telephone number of the physician;
6. Language stating that the doctor has treated the applicant for "gender-related care" or has reviewed and evaluated the applicant's "gender-related medical history"; and
7. Language stating that the applicant has had “appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition to the new gender” of either male or female. No further medical documentation is required or recommended.
8. A declaration "under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the foregoing is true and correct."