What if I already have a valid passport, but want to correct the sex designation on it?

Share |

SignatureIn order to change the sex designation on your passport, your passport must be reissued. To request a reissued passport with the correct sex designation, you must follow the instructions listed in the How do I obtain a passport? section.

Again, for new and amended passports, if you have updated your birth certificate to reflect your current sex, you do not need to submit a letter from a doctor.

NextI was born abroad to U.S. citizen parents. Can I change the sex on my Consular Report of Birth Abroad?

PreviousWhat if my sex has not been changed on my evidence of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate) or identifying document (state ID, driver's license)?

- Return to Contents -