I was born abroad to U.S. citizen parents. Can I change the sex on my Consular Report of Birth Abroad?

Share |

SignatureYes. The same standards for changing the sex on passports apply to changing the sex on a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. See the State Department’s instructions for how to Amend a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Include an original letter from your doctor and, if changing the name as well, a certified copy of your name change order.

NextWhat if I have an intersex condition or disorder of sex development?

PreviousWhat if I already have a valid passport, but want to correct the sex designation on it?

- Return to Contents -