What if my appearance will be changing?

Share |

passport book

You can apply for a passport that is valid for two years by having your doctor write in the letter that you are "in the process of gender transition to the new gender (specify either male or female)."  A limited duration passport can be extended to a full ten-year validity passport with no additional fee by submitting Form DS-5504 within two years of the passport issue date.

NextWhat if my sex has not been changed on my evidence of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate) or identifying document (state ID, driver’s license)?

PreviousWhat if my doctor will not certify that I have had “appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition?”

- Return to Contents -