What if I have an intersex condition or disorder of sex development?

Share |

passport book

Like all other applicants seeking to amend the sex designation on their passports, applicants with intersex conditions or disorders of sex development must provide a certification from a licensed physician who has treated the application for "gender-related care" or reviewed and evaluated the applicant's "gender-related medical history."  The certification must include all of the information required for non-intersex applicants.  The new policy guidelines require that the language in the certification be "adjust[ed]... to reflect the intersex condition and [to] specify the gender correction to either male or female."

NextModel Doctor's Letter Certifying Applicant's Gender Change

PreviousI was born abroad to U.S. citizen parents. Can I change the sex on my Consular Report of Birth Abroad?

- Return to Contents -